My girls and I

My girls and I

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sleep study

I'm laying in a hospital bed across from Eliza. She is having her sleep study tonight. This is standard medical protocol for children with down syndrome. First of all, she has a million wires all over her head, face and neck. She's actually sleeping peacefully right now. Here's my problem - the room has sensitive microphones and we're being videotaped. I'm afraid to sleep right now. What if certain bodily functions happen while I'm sleeping? What if I talk? I'm a notorious sleep talker. I confess in my sleep. These thoughts are just spinning around my head right now. I don't want to be the next viral fart video star. This, folks, is pressure. To top it all off I had cabbage for dinner. Stupid!!!

2 comments:

  1. How did it go last night? I love your new blog format!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She had the best sleep of her entire life. She never moved. Normally, she wakes up three/four times a night yelling for me and she kicks violently. So, this may indicate that something environmentally is going on i.e. allergy to carpet, allergy to dog, etc.

    ReplyDelete